,

When in France (Make Nutella Cookies)

Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Nutella obsession began in 2012 when I first lived in Europe. I've become quite the scientist, getting really crafty with how I use the addictive spread. Here I am to give you guys a simple recipe, a gift if you will.

Nutella Cookie Recipe
For the sake of my physique I don't even keep Nutella in the house anymore, but thanks to Mrs. Rudelle, we have a brand new jar that stares me in the face. So last night I whipped up these bad boys, and there are 0 left today, I'm ashamed.

Nutella Sugar Cookie Recipe!
Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups of flour 
  • 1 tsp of baking soda (or  2 tsp of levure chimique if you're in France. No need for the baking powder)
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 stick of butter (or 1/2 cup)
  • 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla (NOT sucre vanille! It will ruin the cookies)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large very generous tablespoon of Nutella...or more if you want the cookies to turn out really chocolatey

Directions:

  1. Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
  2. Melt butter for 10 seconds in the microwave. Let it sit a minute before mixing it with the sugar in another bowl. Add in the egg, Nutella, and teaspoon of vanilla and mix mix mix.
  3. Now combine both bowls and get to mixin' some more! 
  4. Line the pan with tin foil. I like to rub some butter on it to be 100% positive that I don't eat cookies with tin foil stuck to the bottom.
  5. Pinch pieces of dough the size of your thumb and roll them into balls. Make sure to give a least 2 1/2 inches of space between them when placing on the pan. You'll end up having around 24 cookies.
  6. Cook for 8 minutes at 370 F (or 180 C) if you like them chewy :) 10 minutes if you like them brown and crispy.
  7. Grab some milk, a good movie, and enjoy the freshly baked pieces of heaven. 
P.S. they taste good with Nutella as the icing too...oops. Too far??



You Might Also Like

0 comments