Easy-To-Do Strawberry Tart or The Very French Tarte aux Fraises!

Sunday, October 05, 2014

I've been eating strawberry tart for breakfast for 2 days now, and not just one piece, but two. Woops! Mathieu's aunt gave me a very old and very French cookbook, La Cuisine a L'Electricite. After I saw the tarte aux fraises recipe I looked no further. It is SO easy to make. I was even able to tweak it a bit and add my own touch!


Preparation: 30 minutes (+ 1 hour to let the dough sit)
Cook time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:


  • 1 3/4 cups (250g) flour
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 egg yolks
  • .6 cups/8.5 tablespoons (125g) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
  • 24 ounces strawberries (or 1 pound strawberries and 1/2 pound raspberries like I did!)
  • Nutella or strawberry preservatives 
  • 9 inch diameter tart dish (or in my case a regular old glass dish)

La Cuisine A L'Electricte

Directions:

1. Add flour, sugar, and salt to a large bowl. Mix ingredients well.
2. Add softened (not melted) butter in small morsels to the large bowl. Add sparingly.
3. Beat 1 large egg and 2 egg yolks in separate bowl. Pour mixture into large bowl. Once it is too difficult to stir, it is time for some manual labor! Start using your hands (but clean them first!!)
4. Roll up the dough mixture into a ball and let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350º (177ºC).
6. Begin cutting the strawberries in halves.
7. After 1 hour has passed, butter the dish to avoid sticking. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and mold it to the dish, then let it cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stick a knife through the center of the tart to make sure it is fully cooked.
8. Let cool for 25-30 minutes.
9. Add the topping of your choice (the cookbook said preservatives but I chose Nutella!). Then add the strawberries, or even some raspberries if you so desire. Get creative with your placement.
10. EAT EAT EAT. Save some for tomorrow too! It was even better the next day!!






Not only is it dangerous that I made this while home alone, but it is even more dangerous that I added Nutella to it. Now I, Danielle Konefal, need a 12-step program for strawberry tart, because I cannot stop. P.S. did anyone spot the wine cork?

You Might Also Like

0 comments