,

K1 Visa Timeline for French Citizens

Monday, February 02, 2015

With greater technology, the number of foreign relationships is skyrocketing. Many of us find ourselves traveling back and fourth between continents and revolving our days around Skype. It is one of the most challenging, most rewarding types of relationships to be in!

Thanks to t.v., applications for the K-1 Visa are on the rise. The real-life version of this process is difficult, lengthy, and costly, so do take it seriously. The key is to be patient and remain positive! If you are in a French/American couple, like myself, and are considering the K-1 Visa, here is our personal timeline:
  • I-129f sent: February 18, 2014
  • I-129F NOA1 received: February 24, 2014
  • I-129F NOA2 received: August 7, 2014
  • Date Application left the NVC: August 29, 2014
  • Date Consulate Received Application: September 15, 2015
  • Interview Date: October 29, 2014 approved!
  • Date Visa Arrived in Mail: November 7, 2014
262 Days passed from the day we applied to the day the visa was received.

Mandetory Fees:

  • Prior to U.S. Entry
    • I-129F Application: $340
    • Medical Exam: 250€ (around $283 depending on current exchange rate)
  • After Entry into U.S.
    • Marriage License Fee: $60-$80
    • A.O.S (I-485, I-131, I-765, biometrics): $1070

*Be aware that you should consider the following fees as well: transportation/accommodation for Paris Embassy appointment, flight ticket to U.S., foreign driver's license, medical/driver's insurance, ceremony costs, and most importantly living expenses for at LEAST 180 days. 

Mathieu and I went through the entire application ourselves without a lawyer. Here is a site that we followed religiously which made the process easier:
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

I hope this helps! We filed through the Texas Service Center  (trust me this was not willingly!) and our application took twice as long as my friend's who filed through the California Service Center. It all depends where the American resides, as you cannot choose one or the other. For any questions, please comment below.





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi Danielle congrats on your success with the finance visa! My fiancee and I are now starting the process and I wanted to know if you can answer this question for me please. I am a french citizen like your husband and I was told that I will need to get a "Certificate of no impediment to Marriage" from the french goverment or a document stating that I am single and free to marry from the government. However after visiting the collectivité, they told me that they do not make such a document and that my birth certificate would say if I was married or not. So my question is, did he have this document for your K-1 Visa petition?

    Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and interesting information and informative too.
    Can you please let me know the good attraction places we can visit: Akbar Travels Italy Visa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article. Highly recommended. The thoughts are clear and well explained. Thank you for sharing your work, truly worth reading. On the other hand, if you’re interested in,K1 process, feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Substantial post! Must recommend this to others, I hope you also recommend K1 Process to some people you know who needed it!

    ReplyDelete