,

Honey-Baked Brie Recipe? Now THAT is French

Monday, May 05, 2014

Not too long ago, Mathieu and I had honey-baked camembert. Personally, I detest this cheese for the mere fact that it's uncomfortably soft and smelly. However, when it was baked it was phenom. So I thought okay I'm going to go even more French on this one and try honey-baked brie. It was so good I could kiss myself.

It takes a solid 5 minutes of prepping, and 20 minutes of cooking and boom, you now have 1,000 calories of glory.


Ingredients:

  • 1 wheel of brie (8 oz works) or something smaller like we did since there were two of us
  • 1 puff pastry package (you'll probably only use half of it, so maybe pick up 2 brie if you're feeling crazy)
  • Any type of sweet topping you prefer: honey, raspberry preserves, blueberry preserves, apricot..on and on. For my recipe I used honey and it was so good, but I've had raspberry before and it was great also. Just remember that if it's for a party, not everyone likes those specific fruits so you can't go wrong with honey.
  • Large pan
  • 2 apples
  • 1 baguette or crackers

Directions:



  1. Coat the top of the brie with the topping that you have chosen. It is really at your own discretion. The honey I used was crystalized so I made it that it would eventually melt out evenly.
  2. Cover the brie in the puff pastry with one single layer. Make sure all holes are covered because the brie will fill your pan like lava.
  3. Cook for 25 minutes in pre-heated oven at 420 degrees.
  4. Slice up apples and baguette for dipping.
  5. Let the brie cool for 5 minutes and then add the apples and baguette slices/crackers to the tray for serving.

BON APPÉTIT!


You Might Also Like

0 comments