, , ,

Visiting Civita di Bagnoregio, Italy

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My first real question for you all is..would you seriously live here? I know my answer: yeah, NO. It looks great and all, and it is really cool to visit, but for the total of 12 people who live here I would say they are out of their craniums.

Civita di Bagnoregio is located in Italy almost 2 hours from Rome. I had the chance to visit back in 2012 with my friends on our bus trip to Tuscany. It's a great stop if you ever get the chance to rent a car and travel the country.
If there's ever been a better way to burn off those 900 calorie Italian pizzas, it's walking up this bad boy. The inhabitants have virtually no road to get to their village, therefore they are forced to go by foot. It has become a pretty active tourist spot lately so you're bound to see people.
This city is severely endangered. The village suffers from erosion and earthquakes..it's basically geological mayhem. Much of the town has collapsed off of the cliff, so I have zero idea why anyone would stay here, it's a death wish.
Clearly as you can see from the snow, I visited in the winter. The town was booming with....wait for it....CATS. No, that's truly all you will see here. Yes, there's a few tourist trap restaurants and coffee shops, but we had no intention of going. However, I still encourage you to help their very tiny economy.
So moral of the story, it's a picturesque geological nightmare filled with cats. Here's my friend Michelle, she was in all her glory.

You Might Also Like

0 comments