, ,

Valentine's Day in France is What You Make of it

Saturday, February 15, 2014

As much as I love traveling and restaurant-hunting, I had zero will to do it on Valentine's Day..especially Valentine's Day that falls on a Friday. So as I walked the supermarket of Auchan, my eyes caught the international aisle. It was then that I fell in love.

Mexican Night
Everything, I mean everything you need for a taco/fajita night was there. This is my all-time favorite food, and you can't find many Mexican restaurants in Bordeaux, France. God was just begging me to fill up the cart, and fill it up I did. Gracias Auchan, you made my día. 

So after about 70 euros worth of imported Mexican goods, we stumbled upon a mini keg of Desperados. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's similar to corona, but there's tequila in it as well as a hint of lime. I'm super fussy with my beer in Europe (there's just nothing like a cold miller) but this is one I'm a huge fan of.

A lightbulb went off in my head as we approached the check-out aisle with what looked like a fiesta for 20. Why don't we wait two days and cook this all together on Valentines day?! I got so excited. No mooshy-gooshy let's stare each other in the eyes over a candlelight dinner, no. Let's party and eat and go loco.

Here's how it turned out:
The Preperation
Cooking
More cooking...
Frequent Intermissions

And finally.....the best part of it all:
My Valentine
Chicken, Tomato, Yellow Pepper Spicey Rice ( SO GOOD )
FAJITAS!!
Chili
The Fajita Prep Table
The Final Masterpiece
Happy Valentine's Day!!




You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. By the way, that was me.....don't really know what all that mumbo-jumbo is on the last comment! oxoxox Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha well according to google your username is e4e59a90-9630 on and on and on. We can have a route taco/margarita night this summer :D :D :D since I'll be there!!! xo miss you.

      Delete
  2. We also had a romantic candlelit dinner at home. Sometimes it's the simple things that are the best in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Spending lots of money on presents/dinner means nothing to me. It was a great time. By the way can I get a name? You are so awesome reading my blogs constantly and it feels so impersonal that I can't say thank you with your name included!

      Delete